Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Blogs I'm reading...

So I should preface this by saying that my very favorite blog ever, "Nobody's Doll," went to that big server in the sky some months ago, and I still haven't fully recovered. It was Kirstie Baker, if that was really her name, who first got me interested in the idea of blogging. Her incisive posts after 9/11 were a big part of what got me though that very black, black time. Come back, Kirstie!

The weblog I read the most on a regular basis is RealLivePreacher. I found RLP linked from somebody's website (I have no idea whose) who wrote, "I'm not a Christian, but this guy almost makes me want to become one." Painfully honest and beautifully written. I recommend starting with the early essays from the archive. All of you should immediately stop reading this and go check out Gordon's blog (I'm just a "Back" keystroke away).

My most recent blog discovery is The Light Fraction, a blog focusing on "organic farming, social justice, and Orthodox Christianity," written by a soil scientist. I really enjoyed reading through this; it is just the right mix of warm and lighthearted and funny and serious and well-reasoned. The February archive has a really fascinating discussion of evolution and "intelligent design," a subject that has recently become big news again. I like it because its Orthodox and openminded, and that, unfortunately, is hard to find.

6 comments:

crystalmethaddiction said...

Hi Sampson,

I came across your blog while surfing and I think it is great. I have a crystal meth detox blog that may not be
related to yours but I did find some useful information in your blog that will help me in my own blogging. Keep up the good work!

crystalmethaddiction said...

Hi Sampson,

Great blog you have...My quitting meth addiction blog is not necessarily like yours but
I can use the info I garnered from yours in my future bloggings. Again good job!

crystalmethaddiction said...

Hi Sampson,

Very cool blog you have, I have been surfing the net for the past 30 min. when you blog forced me to stop and read it.
Again, congratulations on a job well done. I have found some pretty good insights on your blog that will help me improve
my own quitting meth addiction blog. Thanks again!

crystalmethaddiction said...

Hi Sampson,

I came across your blog while surfing and I think it is great. I have a crystal meth detox site that may not be
related to yours but I did find some useful information in your blog that will help me in my own blogging. Keep up the good work!

crystalmethaddiction said...

Hi Sampson,

I came across your blog while surfing and I think it is great. I have a quitting meth addiction site that may not be
related to yours but I did find some useful information in your blog that will help me in my own blogging. Keep up the good work!

Drug Rehab said...

Drug and alcohol addiction is a devastating disease that affects millions of individuals and families. Find the right substance abuse treatment program for yourself or a loved. It will be the first day of the rest of their or your life.

You can get more assistance at http://cgi.tripod.com/addiction-treatment/cgi-bin/index.pl .